TDI Closed Circuit Rebreather
AP Inspiration / AP Evolution / Megaladon
The TDI CCR Mixed Gas course (certification depends on unit used) is your next step into closed circuit rebreather diving, with the addition of helium as a diluent gas. The objective of the course is to train divers in the benefits, hazards and proper procedures for CCR mixed gas diving, and to develop skills suitable for CCR technical diving to a maximum of 60m.
What you learn
Using the latest in technology CCR’s maximize your gas supply and provide the optimum breathing gas for any depth by maintaining a constant partial pressure of oxygenn (PPO2). During the dives (minimum of six) you'll learn all the nesscery skills to conduct CCR dives using helium as a diluent gas and oxygen levels as low as 16% to a maximum depth of 60m. Skills include:
- Calculating off-board gas requirements
- Recovering from system failure
- Calibration of electronics
- Emergency procedures
- Removing and replacing off-board gases
- Surface marker buoy deployment
Upon successful completion, you will be able to perform dives using the specific rebreather you were taught on, to a maximum depth of 60m, using a mixed gas diluent containing a minimum of 16% Oxygen.
To enrol on this course, you must:
- be a minimum age of 18 years
- hold a TDI Air Diluent CCR Diver certification or equivalent
- have a minimum of 50 hours distributed over a minimum of 50 dives on the rebreather. 50% of these must have been deeper
5-days. 2 days for classroom, pool and dive preparation and 3 days
to complete 6 dives. 1 dive will be for skill refresher and equipment configuration while the remaining 5 will all be carried out using mixed gas and deeper than 40m. 360 minutes underwater time required for certification.
You will need your own full set of diving kit.
TDI Inspiration/Evolution CCR manual.
Price List >>
Booking Form >>
TDI website >>