TDI Closed Circuit Rebreather
Advanced Mixed Gas
AP Inspiration / AP Evolution / Megaladon
The TDI CCR Advanced Mixed Gas course is the highest level of CCR training that TDI offers. The course will teach you to use the full capabilities of a CCR with a maximum depth of 100m. This intensive course, conducted over seven days, will focus on all the elements needed to plan and execute dives to these depths.
What you learn
The objective of the course is to train divers in the benefits, hazards and correct procedures for advanced mixed gas rebreather diving on the rebreather CCR and to develop advanced mixed rebreather diving skills appropriate to technical diving to a maximum of 100m, using any diluent appropriate to the dive plan. Topics and skills include:
- Off board gas calculations and management
- Gas shutdowns and loss of gas drills
- Equivalent narcotic depth calculation
- Recovering from system failure
- Labeling and placing of off board gases
Upon successful completion, you will be able to perform dives using the specific rebreather you were taught on, to a maximum depth of 100m.
To enrol on this course, you must:
- be a minimum age of 18 years
- hold a TDI Air Diluent CCR Diver certification or equivalent
- have a minimum of 100 hours distributed over a minimum of 100 dives on the rebreather. 50% of these must have been deeper than 30m. All to be deeper than 9m.
7-days. Half day theory and kit configuration. Maintenance workshop.
6 training open water dives: 1 dive is an air diluent dive and 5 are mixed gas decompression dives. 420 minutes underwater time required for certification. Final exam, with minimum score of 80%, to certify.
You will need your own full set of diving kit.
TDI Inspiration/Evolution CCR manual.
Price List >>
Booking Form >>
TDI website >>