PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for both the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
What you learn
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba.
The Divemaster course is the first of the professional level qualifications and builds your knowledge to allow you to assist in the training of divers or leading divers either in training or as a guide. As a PADI Divemaster you will have access to the PADI website to look for work around the world or increase your knowledge of diving and the PADI system.
To take this course, you must:
- be a minimum of 18 years old
- hold a PADI Rescue Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- have at least 20 logged dives to start the course, and you will need 60 logged dives before you can be certified
- be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous two years (see the Emergency First Response course).
8 days of theory, pool and open water training, where you will:
- learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
- complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water
- undertake training exercises to test organisational and problem solving abilities
- map a dive site including underwater and surface features
- demonstrate the ability to solve unanticipated problems underwater
- conduct a simulated or actual class, under the supervision of a PADI Instructor
You must have all your own diving equipment.
Divemaster Crew pack containing:
Encyclopaedia of recreational diving
Knowledge development workbook
Manual for all Divemaster led programmes
Price List >>
Booking Form >>
PADI website >>
Other PADI Courses:
PADI Diving Courses
Discover Scuba Diving >>
Open Water >>
Advanced Open Water >>
Rescue Diver >>
Divemaster Internship >>
PADI Speciality Courses
Deep Diver >>
Drysuit Diver >>
Enriched Air >>
Wreck Diver >>
Boat Diver >>
Peak Permance Buoyancy >>
PADI Instructor Courses
Please call to discuss your requirements.
Emergency First Responder Course >>