BSAC Advanced Mixed Gas Diver
What you learn
To qualify as a BSAC Advanced Mixed Gas Diver who is competent to:
- Conduct dives with an open circuit buddy, within the restrictions of the lesser, in conditions already encountered by either during their training or previous experience.
- Conduct dives within BSAC Safe Diving guidelines.
- Conduct dives with an appropriately qualified diver to expand their experience, within the limits of their mixed gas certification, beyond that previously encountered.
- Conduct dives breathing any suitable combination of gas mixtures.
- Dive to a maximum depth limit of 80 metres.
- Plan and conduct dives requiring mandatory decompression
- Rescue another mixed gas diver from depth.
- Conduct dives where other divers, capable of providing assistance and rescue management skills, are available at the surface.
Upon successful completion you will receive a BSAC certification.
To enrol in the BSACAdvanced Mixed Gas Diver course, you must:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Hold a minimum diver grade of BSAC Sports Diver (or equivalent with a valid 35 metre depth certification)
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in diving. In general terms, this usually entails about 100 logged dives
- Be a BSAC Extended Range Diver or BSAC Sport Mixed Gas Diver and required to complete all core elements of the course syllabus or be a BSAC Explorer Mixed Gas Diver and at the instructor’s discretion, as a minimum, complete the following course elements:
- Classroom lessons: Decompression Theory & Dive Planning
- Open Water Dive lessons: 3, 4 and 5.
- Six classroom lessons
- A theory assessment
- A dry practical lesson of two hours
- One or more sheltered water lessons of not less than 120 minutes total in-water duration
- Five open water lessons, dependant on student performance, with a total underwater duration of not less than 300 minutes and an individual lesson duration of not less than 45 minutes.
- All practical training in both sheltered and open water includes the achievement of specific performance standards at appropriate points throughout the lessons.
You will need a full set of diving kit. We offer equipment rental if required, at a discounted rate.
BSAC course notes PDF >>
Price List >>
Booking Form >>
BSAC website >>
Other BSAC Courses:
BSAC Diving Courses
Experience SCUBA >>
Ocean Diver >>
Sports Diver >>
Dive Leader >>
BSAC Technical Courses
Combined Nitrox Diver >>
Advanced Nitrox Diver >>
Accelerated Decompression Procedures >>
Sports Mixed Gas >>
Explorer Mixed Gas >>
Advanced Mixed Gas >>
We also offer BSAC
rebreather mixed gas
and mixed gas blender courses. Call us to discuss your requirements.
BSAC Skill Development Courses
First Aid for Divers >>
Practical Rescue Management >>
Oxygen Administration >>
Boat Handling >>
Chartwork & Position Fixing >>
Advanced Diving Techniques >>